The successful candidate will be located at Soweto Theatre and will report directly to the Community and Audience Development Manager.
Joburg City Theatres (JCT) is an entity of the City of Johannesburg that stimulates and operates Joburg Theatre (Braamfontein), Roodepoort Theatre and Soweto Theatre in order provide the integrated management of world class African theatre venues and a high quality entertaining, innovative and inclusive programme which serves the diverse communities of the City of Joburg in support of Joburg 2040. JCT invites suitable candidates to apply for the following positions. [GARD]
MUSIC TUTORIAL PROGRAMME ASSISTANT: SOWETO THEATRE: (Ref: MTPA/15)
The successful candidate will be located at Soweto Theatre in Jabulani and will report directly to the Community and Audience Development Manager.
Key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
– Creating, with the other tutors, a curriculum to be followed by the programme;
– Coordinating with the tutors and ensuring that the curriculum is followed and everything is on schedule;
– Liaising performances for the programme in consultation with the Community and Audience Development Manager;
– Coordinating the biannual concerts for the tuition programme;
– Auditioning and rehearsing Chamber for the concerts;
– Monitoring the maintenance of instruments, teaching materials and alerting the Community and Audience Development manager on any shortfalls that need to be addressed;
– Delivers time sheets to the Community and Audience Development Manager;
– Writing monthly reports of the programme.
Education and experience required:
– The essential requirements for this position will include, but not be limited to:
– National Diploma or Degree in Arts Development, Music, Arts Administration, or Communications.
– A minimum of three years’ experience in an entertainment environment.
– Excellent verbal, written and technological communication skills in the English language
The position is a 6-month fixed-term contract.
Interested persons are requested to send a cover letter quoting the reference number and a detailed CV to:email@example.com
Enquiries: 011 877 6821
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: 30 JANUARY 2015
Please ensure that applications are accompanied by copies of qualifications as per job requirements.
Note: Joburg City Theatres is an equal opportunity employer. If you do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.