Gauteng Opera will be holding auditions for their 2016 season which will include opera productions and concerts, singers who will form part of Gauteng Opera Guest Artists, Gauteng Opera Soloists, Academy and Ad-hoc chorus. The requirements for each category are as follows:
- Soloists: soloists must prepare three (3) arias of their choice from different operatic styles (if possible) and must include Bel Canto.
- Gauteng Opera Academy Trainees and Junior trainees:
- Candidates for trainee position must prepare one (aria) and be matric graduates.
- Candidates for junior trainee must be eligible for grade 10 in 2016.
- Gauteng Opera ad hoc Chorus: must prepare one (1) aria of their choice.
Venue: Gauteng Opera offices (Cnr Miriam Makebe and Anderson Street, Ferreirasdorp, Joburg)
Audition date: Saturday 26 September 2015 from 10:00. Booking is essential.
All Candidates must bring the sheet music on the day of the audition. An accompanist will be available on the day to accompany the candidates on piano. (Own accompanist is welcome)
To Book for an appointment, candidates need to phone / e-mail the Gauteng Opera offices 011 026 8118 or email@example.com. Information will also be available on our website: www.gautengopera.org