Primary and high schools are invited to enter the Artscape Schools Arts Festival and photo competition from 11-27 August.
As part of Artscape Audience Development and Education’s (ADE) ongoing vision to develop a love for the performing arts, and contributing to practical nation building, we invite primary and high schools to this wonderful opportunity for learners.
Approximately 10 schools share the same stage each evening, contributing to an exciting and diverse theatre experience, from classical choirs to contemporary dance. The festival culminates in a glittering gala performance by selected schools, attended by various dignitaries and showcases the talent which exists in our schools.
The festival takes place at the Artscape Theatre Centre and this is your opportunity to participate. The festival runs two weeks in August excluding weekends (Fri, Sat, and Sun). A panel of adjudicators select on merit, 12 schools that perform at the gala event. This festival is open to both primary and high schools.
11-14 August 2015 & 17-20 August 2015
The festival takes place at the Artscape Theatre Centre and this is your opportunity to participate. The festival will run from 11-27 August excluding weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday). A panel of adjudicators will select 12 schools on merit. The 12 schools will represent their school at the gala event held on 27 August
24-26 August 2015
Famous Photographers of Tomorrow
Famous Photographers of Tomorrow is an imaginative initiative put together by the Western Cape Education Department’s Special Projects, Peter Corbett Photography and sponsors Cape Media Corporation, Fuji Film Cameras, Adobe and SAMSUNG.
This initiative, which commenced its pilot roll in 2014, facilitates Digital Photography & Fine Art Printing courses for senior learners at a number of mainly Western Cape Arts Focus Schools and was created to inspire and thereby enhance employment opportunities for learners who will soon be entering the employment market. Perhaps, and possibly most importantly, the initiative enables learners to look at their general and local environment in a more considered and positive way.
From 24 to 26 August 2014 some of the best photographs will be exhibited at Artscape during the SAF.
1. Each performance piece must be 8 minutes or less.
2. Schools will be supplied with the date of their performance, no later than end June 2015. There will be a technical rehearsal on the day of the performance on stage in the afternoon. All schools to be present by 14:00.
3. Educators are responsible for supervising the learners while they are on Artscape premises. Holding rooms will be provided. No more than 2 educators per school group will be allowed. Please ensure that each learner has a packed lunch.
4. Musical Groups have to bring their own instruments and music stands. Artscape will provide a baby grand piano, a drum kit, guitar amp, bass amp and 6 hand held microphones.
5. Dance groups need to supply quality recordings of their selected music inUSB or CD format. Two copies must be provided to the SLU department. All music must be clearly marked. These devices should be collected on the day of the performance. Artscape will not be held liable for any loss, damage to your CD or USB. All music must be supplied in either MP3 or WAV format.
6. Artscape provides basic lighting and our technical team. Please refrain from extravagant lighting set-up as we are sharing the theatre with another production. Our technical team will do their best to satisfy everybody’s requirements.
7. Artscape will contact your school early in 2015 to confirm the details of your performance. Please have your technical requirements ready.
8. Please ensure that you have your information ready about your school and performance piece.
Entry forms can be downloaded here:http://www.artscape.co.za/show/school-arts-festival/1054/
Please complete the form should you be interested in taking part in our festival. Entry forms can be sent to the School Liaison Unit via Fax or e-mail. Please find details below:
Schools’ Liaison Unit (SLU)
Tel: 021 410 9927
Fax: 021 410 9845
DEADLINE FOR RETURNING THIS APPLICATION: 2 MAY 2015.